Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Still in Limbo

Today was another appointment for fluid and cervical checks. Baby A was in normal fluid at 5.5. Baby B was still in a large amount; the largest pocket was a little over 9. He was quite acrobatic in that large amount and was doing a headstand during the beginning of the ultrasound! Baby C was still in less fluid, but the tech was able to find a pocket around 5. I am a little leery when they are measuring baby C now just because of what happened before with the measurements being off. He was upside down this time, so hopefully it was a more accurate measurement. Dr. K was able to see a normal sized bladder, which is a good sign for now. Again, we will keep checking every week to see if it progresses. I am so glad that it didn't get worse over this week, and I'm going to keep drinking the high protein shakes and rest as much as I can.

My cervix is about the same as before-first measurement was about 3.3 and the second was 2.9. He didn't say anything about it being shorter, so I am not going to worry about it for now. He did say that he will do cervical checks at our next 2 appointments, but not after that since we'll be monitoring then. That makes me nervous and I may beg him to check at each appointment anyway. Who would really want cervical checks? Just me, for peace of mind I suppose!

I have been given the green light to try Prilosec for the heartburn/acid reflux. What really scares me is that I am measuring 40 weeks now and the nurse said I still have a few inches up top to go! I won't be able to eat anything then!!! Knowing what I know now, I think having 1 baby at a time would have been a lot easier, but probably a bit more boring. Brad and I don't tend to take the simple route, but I guess in the long run it'll be easier to be pregnant just one time. Still mortified when I think of where these babies are going to go in a few weeks and how my body will look!

As for the contraction monitoring, my limit for contractions for now is 4 in an hour. Once that happens, they'll have me monitor again for another hour. If I am still contracting, I will then have to go in to be checked out at the hospital. If the last couple days are any indication, I think that'll happen fairly soon. But at least I am not having to run to the hospital every day right now!

We set up four more appointments, so I have the next 6 appointments set up. I will be 29 weeks then!! Crazy to think that it really isn't that far away, even though the days are dragging by. Dr. K said the next 5 weeks are really crucial in order to get to the all important 28 weeks. I just hope everything keeps cooperating! I will continue to take it one day and week at a time. Hopefully it'll fly by and they'll be here when it's cold out! I can't wait for both things-cold weather and babies at a safe time.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Everything sounds really good. I am glad the fluid levels are not changing for the worse. GREAT news! The bladders are key. I always start yelling "BLADDER!!" at the poor sonographer every time I see one of the twins' bladders.

    And like you, I will beg for cervical checks if necessary. We are a little crazy, but good crazy right?

    So glad your are cruising right along. We are both so close to V-day now, my dear! WOOOO HOO! We will have to have an online celebration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad today's appointment went well....Hopefully as the weeks pass you will be able to relax and begin to enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything is going well for you. I know you don't know me but it is so encouraging to see your triplet pregnancy going so well

    ReplyDelete