Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mini Update

I figured I would post a quick update before tomorrow's appointment in order to prevent a super long post again! I am 23 weeks today-so close to viability! 24 weeks is the bare minimum for a chance of viability, so only one more week. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas-so close, but it feels so far away still! I will allow myself to relax just a bit and maybe start to get more excited. My thoughts have been focused on what could go wrong that I don't think I have let myself really enjoy this yet. I can't wait until we are at an even safer point and I can start daydreaming about what they'll look like and how our lives are going to change for the better (and crazier).

So while waiting for viability, I have been resting on the couch as much as possible. Last Thursday the uterine home contraction monitor nurse came out to teach me how to use the machine. It's really easy and I am so glad my insurance companies are covering it. It is helping me learn when I am having real contractions-even though I don't always identify them. We will see what my doctor says about it tomorrow. I monitor for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. Usually, one of the sessions I will just have "irritability" or 1-2 contractions and then the other session not have anything going on. The most I have had in an hour has been 3. The company always calls after they receive the info from the transmitter, so it's nice to know what is really going on in the ever-growing belly!

I believe I have now felt all the babies move at this point. It is sometimes hard to tell who it is in certain areas because they are so close to each other. It is nice to feel things though-a little reassurance in between appointments. Brad has also been able to feel both of the boys, although he was a bit surprised that the kicks weren't stronger. It was a nice reality check though to actually feel them instead of just seeing them on an ultrasound screen.

I am worried about tomorrow's appointment, of course. I am so scared that the TTTS will have progressed further and require treatment. I am glad there are things they can try to save them from the complications, but I was really hoping we wouldn't have to use them. So, I have been chugging the high protein drinks and resting more in hopes of helping the fluid levels to even out. I would be very relieved tomorrow if baby C was still in the normal fluid range and baby B either stays the same or drops his fluid level. If the levels are worse, we will deal with it like we have with everything else that has happened in our lives. I just want them to be okay. I am hoping our little girl will continue her trend and be completely fine tomorrow too! We'll see!

Hopefully I haven't grown an obnoxious amount in the past week-I am going to be up past the 40 week mark pretty soon! We should start taking bets on how big I will get before I deliver!

Finally, a bit about work. I received my back to school letters and schedule in the mail yesterday. It is going to be very weird to not go back in two weeks with everyone else. I feel like I am going to miss out on a lot of things, but there are a few things I won't miss. We don't have air conditioning in our classrooms, so I definitely won't miss sweating through the first few weeks of school! I will keep in touch with my co-workers, so I am sure they will fill me in on the good stories and not so good stories. It just won't be the same.

So, there's my pregnant life up through today. Please think good thoughts tomorrow morning for us!

1 comment:

  1. Hi fellow triplet mama! We are so close to V-day now!!

    I am hoping and crossing all toes that the fluid levels are more equal for the twins. Please let me know asap! So glad your uterus is pretty calm... That is a huge blessing. I love feeling all of their movements- so glad your hubby gets to feel them.

    Sending huge hugs and thinking good thoughts for tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete