Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Not again...

Today was another appointment for a cervical and fluid check. Well, my cervix is still cooperating nicely! It's closed and still around 3.5, so let's hope it stays there!

The fluid levels are a different story. Baby A, our girl, has a perfect amount of fluid around 6.5. Baby B has even more than he did last week-it's now about 9.5. Unfortunately still above the normal level range of 3-8. The first time the ultrasound tech measured baby C, she said his level was around 7. I asked her if she was sure and she said that she would double check and measure it again. She was able to see the membrane better this time and the measurement was now around 3.5. I actually think that seems more accurate for what it was last week too, so I am going to have to stay on top of them and make sure they measure from the membrane to the bottom. Dr. K came in and checked my cervix and then checked the fluids too. It is quite obvious that baby B has more space and fluid than baby C, but they were growing at the same rate and baby C has enough fluid to move around-he is usually really active during our ultrasounds. So now we are going to continue our close watch of the fluid levels and our twin boys. I am hoping that since we have monitoring them for TTTS for a little over a month now, and not too much has changed or at least it's been slow changes, that we can get to a safe point with the TTTS staying mild. Usually the TTTS would have gotten significantly worse within this time if it was going to end up in a more serious stage, but we do not always follow the normal trends-obviously!

Everything else was good-blood pressure, weight, measuring 39 weeks now. I did mention our Saturday night visit to L & D, including the fact that the monitor didn't pick up any contractions. Dr. K said that he was going to try to get some home uterine monitoring for me and that if I do have contractions/cramping that it could quickly change my good cervical length. I would feel a lot better having the monitoring so I know when I need to worry. Since I am not familiar with what contractions really feel like, I am worried that I am going to miss something serious. The company already called me today to get some more information and is going to contact my insurance companies. She said that the insurance companies that I have work with this company, so coverage shouldn't be a problem. Let's hope it's actually going to be this easy!

So we are continuing to watch the babies closely to see if they develop more serious signs of TTTS and watch me for contractions. Please keep all your fingers and toes crossed! Less than 2 weeks before the possible viable 24 weeks and 6 weeks until the all important 28 weeks! Each day is a milestone at this point-I can't wait until I can take a deep breath and relax, at least a little bit!

2 comments:

  1. So glad your cervix is hanging in there nice and strong. Woo hoo! I am sorry the twins fluid is still uneven but as you pointed out, still very mild. You are so close now, tell the boys to hang on! I am so happy everything else is going well... But I totally agree that we will both feel better when we hit our 24 week milestone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update....Sounds like you are receiving excellent care too.

    ReplyDelete