Monday, August 3, 2009

Shower Fun!

Sunday was our one baby shower that we are having. My mom and Brad's mom put a lot of effort into it-and it showed! We had around 60 guests attend and we couldn't be more grateful. It was wonderful to see some old friends and family that we don't see very often, although I wish we had had more time to talk and catch up. We ate and then started opening the massive piles of gifts. I cannot get over how generous people were. My job for this week is to write out all the thank you cards and find places for all the gifts! I am still not comfortable taking off tags on anything yet; it's still a little too early for that. Although, tomorrow is 22 weeks, so we are getting closer!

Brad started painting the future nursery today. I had finally decided on the green that I thought would work the best, but we ended up picking a different one at Home Depot because their scanner/color matcher thing was broken. I peeked in the room today and it looks weird since I am used to it being plain white! It needs another coat and then I think it'll look even better once he takes off the painter's tape. I don't think he'd be willing to paint it again, so I am sure I will love the color! :)

We had a fun little trip Saturday night to L & D because I was having tightening all day that wouldn't let up. I was getting more worried as the day and night went on, so finally we decided we should go. I didn't want to go and have it be nothing or have it be something and have to stay in the hospital. But once I thought about it more, I would rather look like a paranoid fool (which I am getting used to), than ignore it and have something serious wrong and lose the babies. Luckily, I was fine. They put the contraction monitor on me, and I didn't have any tightening for about 30 minutes-of course! When I did feel one, we noted the time and told the nurse next time she came in-it didn't show up on the monitor at all. The resident came in and checked my cervix-still long and closed. So, at least whatever I was feeling was not impacting my cervix or strong enough to show up on the monitor. She also did a quick ultrasound on the babies to check them. Babies A and B were super active, but baby C was sleeping through the kicks his brother was giving him. His heart was going strong, but it took a little while before he finally moved-way to freak me out little boy! So, after 4 hours of driving and hospital time, we crawled into bed feeling relieved, but knowing Sunday was going to be rough with little sleep!

Our next appointment is Wednesday for a quickie cervix and fluid check-keep fingers and toes crossed for even levels and a closed cervix!

1 comment:

  1. Whew...I'm glad everyhing is going well. I can certainly understand your anxiety and worry. This will be a long road traveled with huge reward! Hang in there - 25 weeks is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete