Monday, August 24, 2009

Random Thoughts and Events

So tomorrow will be 25 weeks-3 weeks to go until the "safety zone." I have been spending most of my time on our couch, which I should be getting used to by now. I would have started back at school today for an Institute Day. I have to admit, I was a little bit sad this morning when I thought about school. It will still be there when I am ready to go back, but I enjoy the beginning of the school year-even though it is the busiest time! I guess that's part of what I am missing; being busy would make time go by faster. I would give anything for a time machine right now!

I finally passed up my contraction threshold of 4 this weekend. I had 4 Friday morning, then after re-monitoring it went down to 2. Saturday morning I had 5 and then 2. The scariest part is that I didn't feel most of them. On Thursday, the company that does the monitoring wanted to change my call backs to only Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. That means I would save my data from the evenings until after I monitor the next morning. And for the weekend, I wouldn't send anything from Friday evening until Monday morning! At first I said fine, but then called them back later and said that I wasn't comfortable with that plan. I guess if I recognized every contraction I had, then it would be fine because I would be able to tell if they were increasing. But the fact that I usually only feel a couple during monitoring, it just didn't seem right to not send in my data. I think it was a good decision considering how many I had over the weekend! I am sure Brad and I will be making a trip to L & D sometime soon if I can't slow them down.

I was worried today because I didn't feel one of my little guys as much today. Not sure if he was sleeping every time I was paying attention, if his fluid level is higher again, or the other numerous possibilities. I had a Popsicle and put on on Sister Hazel, which made him kick me multiple times. I am still not sure if that means he likes it or hates it, but I am going to keep putting it on if I don't feel him! It is getting more difficult to tell who is moving now because they are longer. I am anxious to see where they are all hanging out at this week so I can hopefully figure it out better!

I have stayed off of Google for a few days now! I am trying to avoid search engines as much as possible to hopefully lower my stress level-maybe I'll resemble a normal person again someday soon. I like to have information (Information is power), but it gets too overwhelming and draining to read about what can go wrong. So, I am trying to stay positive, yet cautious still. While making Baby B dance/kick me to make the music stop, I found one of my top 3 favorite Sister Hazel songs. I listened to this song a lot on my way to my fertility appointments, so I figured it can't hurt to listen to it again to help get through this time. I was reading another blog (Carrie), and she had put some YouTube videos up of songs-so I kind of stole this idea from her. But the song choice is mine! I apparently can't figure out how to get the actual video to post, so if you want to listen you'll have to use the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHBaphWI0NY

Thursday is our next appointment and we'll get to see how much the babies have grown-hopefully they're huge!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great song!

    I know how you feel, wanting time to pass faster during these few weeks. It seems like they are dragging, doesn't it? Can't someone sedate us?

    Good call on the monitoring. I am trying really hard to give myself the permission to be assertive in my care and speak up to make sure everything is monitored closely. We are high-risk, so it is warranted!

    I hate it when I don't feel one of the boys, too. I don't feel C as often (because of his placenta) and always worry about him. Glad your little man responds to the Sister Hazel. :)

    Cannot wait for your update tomorrow!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete