Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Milestone One

Today marks 24 weeks and possible viability for the babies if they came now. I hope this is the first of many milestones for the remainder of the pregnancy! Every week will make me feel better now, but I think I am going to designate the major milestones at 26, 28, 30, 32, and 34 weeks. If for some reason we make it to 34 weeks I will have a major celebration and treat each day as a milestone! It is crazy to think that the babies could be here within 4-10 weeks, (hopefully not any sooner than that). I am still scared and too cautious to get my hopes up, but we are getting closer to the "safe daydreaming" point. We still have things in boxes and with tags on, but I think I might be comfortable enough at 28 weeks to start opening and organizing things. We'll see!

I am still monitoring contractions twice a day and have not gone above the threshold of 4 yet. I have had 3 a few times, some of which I feel and some I don't. I am getting better about recognizing real contractions versus the "irritable uterus" tightening. They all still scare me though. I am not sure how strict my bed rest should be at this point, but I have been pretty good about just laying on the couch all day for the past week. I sit up to eat, get up to go to the bathroom, let the dog out, and shower. Whenever I am up or sitting though, I feel more contractions. Maybe this bed rest thing really works! My house is a mess and I would love to get things done around here, but I know these babies are more important than a clean house. Brad has been great about keeping up with things like the dishes, carries my laundry down for me, and is just all around helpful with what I need. I especially like when he is home and can help me get up from the couch. Last night he helped me and I was able to get from a laying position to standing without stopping-that hasn't happened for months!!

Those of you who know me well, know my love for the band Sister Hazel. They have a CD coming out today, which I didn't pre-order since I figured I would just run out and buy it-silly me! They had all the tracks on-line yesterday, so I was listening to it while on the computer. Well, I had all 3 babies kicking around in me. I am not sure if that means they liked it or hated it. I guess we'll see when they are here! Last night I played some Tool songs (Brad's favorite band), and they didn't move at all. I might have to experiment a little more with music and movement!

I have an appointment tomorrow for a fluid and cervical check-let's hope for regular fluid (or fluid levels that aren't worse) and a long, hard, closed cervix! Cross those fingers and toes people!

1 comment:

  1. WOOO HOO! You made it to our first milestone. Awesome work, Mama! I am with you on the cautious optimism. I keep thinking of how much better we'll feel in two weeks, four weeks and so on. I will be ripping tags off like a crazy woman at 26 weeks, I think. :)

    Very much looking forward to your update tomorrow! Stay long Cervix, and even out, Fluid! We are watching you!

    BIG hugs! (Can you even imagine us two trying to hug? We'd be at opposite ends of the room!)

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete