Friday, October 9, 2009

Pretty Soon!

It looks like the babies will be making their debut into the world sometime soon! At our appointment yesterday they all did pretty well on the BPP's, except our little girl decided to show her stubborn side again, (I wonder who she gets that from??).  She did practice breathing, but not for the full 30 seconds needed to make it count. So, while the babies are wonderful again, not so much for me!

My blood pressure has my doctor a bit concerned.  He was scheduling the c-section date for November 4, and said, "Oh, yeah you're not not going to make it to then," while looking at my chart.  My blood pressure has slowly been rising and at this visit I had a +1 level of protein in my urine.  He said that may be normal for me or it may be really elevated.  So now I get to collect my urine for 24 hours!! Lucky me! And lucky Brad gets to take it to the lab on Saturday, but at least he doesn't have to take it all the way to our hospital. This way they will have the results at our appointment on Monday.  I think I'd better have my bag completely packed and ready to go.

Dr. K did not check my cervix since we are so close to 32 weeks and they wouldn't do too much at this point anyway.  He also said that he would be taking me off the Terb. pump during week 32 too.  He joked that it doesn't really work anyway! I would beg to differ at this point, but maybe it's the whole placebo effect for me! So it appears that if the blood pressure doesn't get me, it'll be pre-term labor!

At this point I am just praying that we make it 5 more days in order to reach 32 weeks.  I have always told our families that 32 weeks was my ultimate goal; anything beyond that would be a bonus.  I guess I was pretty close to that! It still does not seem real to me-that we will be a family of five in the near future. Although I am constantly feeling these babies move all around inside me, I can't imagine what it is going to be like when they are out in the world.  I am worried about how big they will be and how many complications they will have from being born so early.  Then there are times that I think about how wonderful it'll be when everyone is home and we can really begin our lives together.  And I also think about how I'll be able to actually do things for myself again-go to the store, clean my house, organize all the baby stuff, etc. I am so grateful that we made it this far, but I feel guilty that I couldn't/won't make it to 35 weeks.  I know it is due to things beyond my control, but I can't help to think that if I hadn't gone up the stairs one extra time or refrained from doing those loads of laundry, maybe I could have made it to November.  All I can do now is do everything I can to make it to 32 weeks, which is basically nothing! The cool, rainy weather has helped me follow the stricter bed rest-I love fall. 

We will keep everyone updated, but hopefully you won't hear anything until after Tuesday next week! Thanks for your good thoughts and prayers!

4 comments:

  1. HOW EXCITING!

    I am so glad all is going well. You are totally going to make it to 32 weeks, no problemo! I know you'll roll right into that milestone. :)

    How nice for you to be off of Terb for a bit too. I hate that stuff, but I always think it works, too.

    I feel the same way as you- so excited to get our life started with our trio, but scared of how they'll be when they arrive. I am hoping both our sets will be shockingly healthy and come home FAST!

    Hang in there- you are kicking butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl. ur doing good. hang in there. i am praying to get to 32 weeks. ur there and are blessed! ur babies will do well.

    thinking of you and praying for u.

    ``Lacy - FL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany,
    Wow...you are very close to 32 weeks....very good girl! Just keep to bed for now...in a couple weeks you'll wish you could rest some more! ha!

    Keep us posted. Love, L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how exciting! I'm thinking of you and praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete