Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Drama

So I have been known to be an emotional girl, but this is getting ridiculous! Once I start crying, I can't stop! I have said it before, but I think this is my payback for not having morning sickness!

The reason for my crying this time started with my last monitoring session for contractions this morning.  I felt one-the machine showed 9. Now, that's a big difference! This was the whole reason for me being put on the monitor in the first place. So, the nurse had be give myself a demand dose of the Terb. and was going to have me re-monitor later.  I reminded her that today I am supposed to be taken off of everything.  She wanted me to still do the demand dose and was going to call my doctor.  During that 30 minutes, I managed to get out a good amount of tears.  She called back and said he still wants me to stop everything. Is he nuts??? Did I not just prove the need for the home monitoring? How in the world am I supposed to know that I need to go to the hospital, which is an hour and a half away, if I don't realize I am having contractions? Does he think I like risky situations? I do not mind being taken off the medication and am fine with delivering if I go into labor rather than stopping it.  I would really feel more comfortable being on the home monitor until that time though.  The monitor is what sent me to the hospital almost 3 weeks ago when I didn't realize I was having contractions every 5 minutes. So now they tell me to just plan on going in when I get more "uncomfortable." I just don't want to wait too long and risk the health of the babies or myself.  I may try to convince him of my need for monitoring at tomorrow's appointment-if we make it that long.  I will say that I like not having any tubes/cords to deal with for this short time, but once I go to the hospital that will be over!

Sorry, but I had to vent my frustrations somewhere-maybe I can stop crying now! :)

4 comments:

  1. Aww! Sweetie, I am WITH you on the emotion. I also cry all the time, worry all the time. We are on hormonal roller coasters.

    I am hoping your doctor will hear your concerns, and let you keep doing HAUM (is that right?) to set your mind at ease. We are so close now. I am TOTALLY hear to listen to you vent... but the tears are hard to stop sometimes, right?

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to believe that with triplets you would HAVE to feel "uncomfortable" once contractions start labor....you have every right to be emotional...you've come so far...and the uncertainty has to be maddening....Hang in there and keep us posted. Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just cry to the doc... he will feel sorry for you and let you have the monitor. Why should he care if you have it or now?! ~Melissa S

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following your blog and am hoping that all is going well for you. I'm 31 weeks along with a singleton after years of infertility. I can't imagine 3 babies in there! You've been t hrough so much, but I hope that you don't get to see your beautiful babies just yet. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete