Monday, October 12, 2009

And the waiting continues...at home

I was ready to be checked into the hospital today; I had my bag packed of everything I would need until the babies came.  We left the bag in the car for the appointment, but I told my mom to be ready to go back out and get it. Well, it stayed in the car until we got back home. 

The babies all passed their BPP's today with flying colors! The ultrasound tech was amazed at how much our boys were moving during the ultrasound.  I have told people that I don't think they ever sleep anymore because I am constantly being kicked on the left and middle of my belly-their hangout area! Our girl was a bit more reserved and we had to go back to watch her move once she woke up from all the commotion.

My blood pressure was higher again and the protein in my urine from the 24 hour collection was elevated (in the 700's when 300 is the cutoff for normal).  My liver and kidneys are still functioning normally though, so we just need to keep an eye on it for now.  I will continue to check my blood pressure at home for now.

He did not check my cervix, which I did not appreciate. It's not often that women would like to have cervical exams, but it always makes me feel better knowing where we are at with that.  With us living a long drive away from the hospital, I am worried about fast cervical changes.  He is taking me off the Terb pump tomorrow, as well as the home uterine monitor-I am terrified! He doesn't seem to think either thing really did anything for us, but now I have no safety net! I am not always consistently identifying contractions, so I am worried that I won't really know when we need to go to the hospital.  He is also sending out an e-mail to his partners telling them that if I come into the hospital in labor, we are not going to try to stop anything at this point-we will deliver.  Yikes, this is all starting to become a bit more real.  I am sure if I wasn't having pre-eclampsia symptoms/issues, it would be a different story.  But as of tomorrow I will be 32 weeks along, which is only 3 weeks from my scheduled c-section date.  I know everyday they stay in at this point is better, but I don't know how much longer my body can hold out.  I have still had consistent contractions, even with the medication.  My blood pressure is high and my hands and face are starting to become swollen.  I am getting to be huge! I am pretty uncomfortable at this point and looking forward to being able to do things for myself again.  I would love to make it another week so we can have one more growth scan, but honestly, I don't know if we'll make it through the weekend.  I obviously want to get to tomorrow for 32 weeks, and then Wednesday we have another appointment.  I just can't believe we will meet these little ones soon. We have waited so long for this and been through so much to get here; it doesn't seem like we will actually meet them.  I am hoping that they are healthy and big, and that they won't have to spend too much time in the NICU.  I am starting to let go of the guilt of not making it to 35 weeks-my body can only take so much I suppose.

I will try to update on here as things happen, but hopefully I won't be posting anything tonight! :) Thanks again for all the good thoughts and prayers for us.  I am so happy we have so many supportive friends and family members rooting for us!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth, I've been following your blog for a few weeks, and am sending you good wishes. I'm praying for a safe delivery. It won't be long! My best to you and your "about to increase" family. Lots fo Love, Gayle Vandenbergh

    ReplyDelete
  2. HANG in there! I am hoping the Pre-E symptoms stay low and you are able to make that scheduled C-section. Only three weeks now!!!

    I am so glad everyone cooperated on their BPP. Makes it much easier and less stressful when they are awake, huh? My three sure are active, too.

    Thinking of you. You get to meet your babies soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete