Saturday, September 26, 2009

Still here

So I am still in a Labor and Delivery room so I can continue to be closely monitored.  The babies have been doing great and have been a bit too active when we are trying to monitor them! I, however, am still having contractions.  Last night they picked up to every 5-8 minutes even though I slept through them.  They continued like that into the morning and they decided to up my dose of Terb.  Great-more jittery and higher heart rate! I just hope it does what it is supposed to do! They wouldn't have me do the larger doses (bolus) because of where my heart rate is now-ranging from 100-130.  I am not sure what will happen if this dose doesn't work-I am too scared to ask!

I was originally hoping to moved to a Perinatal room today, but maybe in the next few days.  I was denied permission for a shower and was devastated.  I get headaches when I don't get to shower regularly and I just wanted to feel human again, so I was not very happy when they said no.  My nurse and another nurse took pity upon me and washed my hair for me with buckets while I was in bed.  My headache went away! I was able to clean up in the bathroom and put on a new gown while she changed my sheets-I am going to have to write a letter to admin to let them know how wonderful she was!

So I have no idea if or when I will change rooms.  I could also remain here for the remainder of my pregnancy, which may not be that long if they can't control the contractions.  I miss my bed, house, our dog, and, of course, my husband (not in that order).  I know this is all for a good reason and it's relatively a short time, but I still feel like it is going to take forever! 4 days until 30 weeks and 18 days to 32 weeks! Thinking we'll be lucky to make it to 32 weeks now, but I feel like 30 is within our reach.  We had our second steroid shot last night, so hopefully that'll help if they come earlier. 

Thanks for all your support!  

2 comments:

  1. We're still thinking of you on this side! Hoping all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking about you down here.

    Ben & Julie

    ReplyDelete