Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Another appointment down, one day closer to the goal!

I don't want to jinx anything, but we had another good appointment today.  We first had a quick ultrasound to check fluid levels, which all seemed to be good.  The tech first measured Baby C's level at 9.2-obviously she did not look for the membrane first! I said that Baby C is usually the one with the lowest level-around 4.  She said, "Well, that's why we do more than one measurement, because the membrane is always moving." Good cover-I know the membrane is constantly moving, but not that much! So she found the membrane and measured it again in the 4 range.  So, they all had decent fluid levels.  She said that they all looked good and that I could get up. If there had been anything wrong, she would've gone and gotten Dr. K.  Since everything was good ultrasound was over and to go wait for a nurse to call me.  Okay.

Blood pressure is still good, "lost" 1/2 a pound (I blame it on the fact that I wore normal shoes last week and flip flops this week), and am measuring 41 weeks. I asked about my GD test and I passed! My level was 109 and they want it to be under 140 or you have to do the 3 hour test. Whew-I can keep eating my normal food! :)

Dr. K came in with his new associate who I assume is joining the whole practice.  He seemed nice, but didn't say too much. He checked my cervix and it is still holding well.  No more ultrasound measurements, which makes me nervous just because I like to know the actual numbers! Oh well, he has been doing this job for a while, so I suppose I should trust him!  He said, "You know I want to check the fluid levels for myself, right?" I told him that I figured, but this tech never listens to me when I tell or ask her something.  So, back to an ultrasound room! He told his associate that we were dealing with the toughest type of pregnancy-first triplets, then having a set of identicals in there (I would think that quads or higher would be tougher, but I suppose since those are more rare he left them out).  He went on to show him the membranes-the thick one and the thin one separating the twins.  He also pointed out the good bladders on both our boys; always a good sign!

I didn't get to ask my list of questions (I always have a list, my poor doctor!), since I was all gooped up on the table and my purse was across the room.  We are keeping our next three appointments and he added Biophysical Profiles at our 29 week appointment on Sept. 24.  So the next 2 will be fluid checks, cervical check, blood pressure, and weight. I am hoping we keep having these types of appointments-I like when they are uneventful!

We have less than 2 weeks now to the all important 28 weeks! I can't wait! I am so ready to be at that point, and then keep on going hopefully! I would like to get there without a hospital visit because of contractions, but I have a feeling it's coming soon.  Last night I had 4 and then 3 (just under the wire), so we almost had to head out to be checked.  I feel a little bit better knowing that my cervix is unchanged, but I should be worrying again by the weekend!  I just have to make sure I am resting as much as possible.  It helps that Brad's mom made a whole bunch of meals for him, so I don't feel bad not cooking for him! Thanks to my parents, Brad had gyros and homemade fries for dinner tonight.  It's so nice that we have our families close by so they can help out!

4 comments:

  1. That's great that your appointment went so well. I hope it continues! The 2 weeks will be here before you know it, then you'll be counting down the days till the babies are here.. very very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for another great appointment!!! We are getting so close now! It is great that the twins are continuing to share so well and your cervix is doing great. Keep up the good work!!! :). I cannot wait until we are on the other side of 28 and counting to our next goals. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Triplets... wow! I am 26 weeks pregnant with twins and love hearing stories of multiples. Here's to wishing you to 28 weeks and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! So glad to see everything is going well! Remain positive is all i can say, and it seems that you're doing a great job at that. Trust your instincts. With my trips i had contractions starting at 17 weeks and on, but never were they a problem. I never had to do bedrest (of course i rested more just because it was triplets) and worked through 28 weeks. You can visit my blog if you want!! I'm always willing to help or answer questions! I know i always loved having someone to go to who had been through what i was going through :O)

    levonskiddos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete