Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So far, so good

I am now 19 weeks 2 days along and went for my appointment today. It was a bit crazy there today. My doctor had a med student following him, and my doc seemed a little goofy-it was good to see. I had my ultrasound and the tech was surprised he was checking the fluid levels. She said she checked my chart and last week's u/s pictures 3 times because she didn't really see a discrepancy in the fluid levels. I would prefer that my doctor be extra cautious though, although her comments made me feel a little bit better. So, Baby A, decided to yell at us for looking at her-her mouth was wide open! Baby B was just chillin' and resting. Baby C had moved up a bit inside me and was laying upside down now. The fluid levels were about the same in both boys' sacs!! I was so relieved! I asked if the doc was going to come in to do a cervical check with the internal u/s. The tech looked at me like I was crazy and said that they only check that every 2 weeks. Alrighty then! They put me in a room and my doc came in and told me that he has to check me on u/s too. I knew I wasn't crazy!! He also checked the fluid levels for himself and was showing the med student some things about triplets. We talked after and said that he felt much better about the fluid levels this time, but he still can't pat me on the back and tell me everything is going to be okay. I told him that I realize it is going to be a weekly thing and we'll just take it one appointment at a time. I must say that I was a walking out of there a lot lighter than I was walking in! So, now drink and eat protein (yes, I am trying to incorporate meat into my diet), and relax as much as I can until next week's appointment. Our visit after that one will be another growth scan to make sure they are all sharing their nutrients! Who knew that I would already have to deal with the sharing issue-before they are even born!! Our short term goal is 25 weeks, then 28 weeks. If we make it to that point, our goal will be 32 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed!!

1 comment:

  1. For the heartburn/Gerd - Place 1-2 hardcover books between mattress and box spring so that your head/shoulders will be at a slightly higher level. This inclined sleeping position uses gravity so that the acid doesn't splash up into the esophagus. Remove coffee, tea, orange juice from your diet. Of course check with your doctor before you do anything :) Some doctors allow Proton Pump Inhibitors (i.e. Prilosec, Nexium or Protonics) during pregnancy and some do not. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete